9.19 Recommended Recording Process
- Gramofile to record from the sound card through line in from the source (e.g., LP record)
- Gramofile to identify track beginnings and endings. These are saved to a .tracks file automatically.
- Audacity to confirm and fine tune the track splits stored in the .tracks file.
- Gramofile to perform the split into tracks and to filter out pops using the Conditional Median Filter II. The tracks are saved into separate files numbered 01, 02, etc.
- Xmms to check the beginning and ending of each track to confirm the splits were fine.
- Audacity to edit out any remaining spikes in each track, being sure to export back to WAV if any changes are made.
- The tracks are now ready to burn to CD. Create a disk.toc:
CD_DA TRACK AUDIO FILE "side1001.wav" 0 TRACK AUDIO FILE "side1002.wav" 0 ... TRACK AUDIO FILE "side2005.wav" 0
$ cdrdao write disk.toc
A handy table of minutes to seconds:
Your donation will support ongoing development and give you access to the PDF version of this book. Desktop Survival Guides include Data Science, GNU/Linux, and MLHub. Books available on Amazon include Data Mining with Rattle and Essentials of Data Science. Popular open source software includes rattle, wajig, and mlhub. Hosted by Togaware, a pioneer of free and open source software since 1984. Copyright © 1995-2021 Graham.Williams@togaware.com Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0.